Well, let’s face it… probably, we would not be able to find out which is the original step card, but I think it is safe to assume this one, could have been it. 🙂
This card includes product from our new catalog! There are so many beautiful goodies, it is hard to no get it all! Of course I made a video tutorials for you and you will find the Free PDF tutorial below, to print or download.
Compared to the previous step cards, this one is a little simpler. A few scores and you are done. It is a wonderful option for little scenes, which we all know I love, and I was able to add a little something to make it a gift card holder. Nothing fancy… but a cute idea.
I am using the Hues of Happiness Suite for this card. It is seriously one of may favorite suites from the whole catalog. It’s so vibrant and full of colors. You really don’t want to miss it. I absolutely love when Stampin’ Up! creates dies that can be used to cut shapes within the designer series paper. That, is simply brilliant. Between the color coordination and the fact that everything is created to make your crafting experience simple and satisfying, are some of the reasons I love Stampin’Up!
I am sharing 2 different sizes for this card. A 6″x6″ and a 4-1/4″x 5-1/2″.
Let’s start with the 6″x6″.
You will need:
- 12″x6″ piece of Night of Navy cardstock, scored at: 1-1/4″, 2-1/2″, 4-1/4″, 6″, 8-3/4″ and 11-1/2″. The link includes the Neutrals multicolor pack.
- Step 1:
- 2 pieces of Pool Party measuring 5-7/8″ x 1-1/8″
- 2 pieces of designer series paper 5-3/4″ x 1
- Step 2:
- 2 pieces of Pool Party measuring 5-7/8″ x 1-5/8″
- 2 pieces of designer series paper 5-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Step 3:
- 1 piece of Pool Party measuring 5-7/8″ x 5-7/8″, You can make this one smaller if you want.
- 1 piece of basic white, measuring 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″
- 1 piece of basic white, measuring 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″. I created a wall with this piece. Place paper at the 1-3/4″ mark and cut from the edge to 1-3/4″ mark. Now, take the paper, turn it 90 degrees, place it at the 1-3/4″ mark and cut all the way to the initial cut. You have created the first step. Move the paper back to the initial position, place it at the 3-1/2″ mark and cut form the edge the 3-1/2″ mark. Again turn your paper 90 degrees and at the 3-1/2″ cut all the way to the “second step”. By now you should have 3 steps. Don’t hesitate to email me if you want more assistance. Also, please watch the video tutorial, which should clarify any doubts.
- 1 piece of Pool Party measuring 5-7/8″ x 2-5/8″
- I piece of basic white measuring 5-3/4″ x 2-1/2″
- You are also going to need:
- Mortar and Brick embossing folder
- Embossing machine
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stampin’ seal +
- Bone Folder
And since one card is not enough, I made these 2 other cards: