This is a card that has that WOW element when you open it: a 4 step pop up. Isn’t it super fun? Imagine all the card possibilities you can create.
I used the beautiful Eden’s Garden stamps and dies as well as the Designer Series Paper from he collection called Ever Garden to create this gorgeous card. I have a confession to make, green has never been my fave. But this paper is simply gorgeous. It is so worth getting it because it is super versatile. The letters for the HUGS belong to Layering HUGS dies.
This Hello Friend and the beautiful bird belong to the stamp set with the same name, that is part of our Sale-a-bration catalog. You will be able to get this stamp set and the paper for FREE, with your $100 purchase.
For this card, you will need:
Front of the card
Cardstock: 1 pieces of 6″x12″, scored at 6″. I used Evening Evergreen for mine, as it matched gloriously the Eden’s Garden paper. I also used our gold foil sheets to mat both the from and the back. This combination of gold and dark green is definitely one of my favorites, now. The gold foil pieces measure 5-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ and the DSP piece measure 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″.
Inside of the card:
1 piece of 6″x12″, which will be the inside of the card. Here is the template I created for you. Please, let me know if this makes sense, LOL.
- Designer Series Paper
- 1 piece measuring 5-7/8″ x 4-3/8″
- 4 pieces of 1-3/8″ x 1-3/8″
- 1 piece of 5-7/8″ x 2-6/8″
- 1 piece of 5-7/8″ x 4-6/8″
- The last 2 pieces will have to be cut following the steps. I have to be honest here…it took me forever to get them right. LOL my brains was fried and I couldn’t figure it out. After I took a break it is really not that hard, but do pay attention. I ended up building a stencil for bot of the side for my future cards. Which reminds me: practice the cuts on a scrap piece of paper before using the beautiful DSP…Ask me how I know.
- The first score folds valley, the second scores, belonging to all the 4 steps fold mountain and the last scores fold valley.
Let me know if you try it! I would love to see your cards.