Let’s learn together how to make a shabby chic fold out card. It is a simple card with so much potential. I am using a variety of Stampin’Up products for this card. I think I got a little too excited… This new catalog has some divine papers, and the Texture Chic is just what I needed to make this card a reality. I am also using the Charming Sentiments bundle, which I think is one of the coolest bundles in the catalog. I am also using the Happiness Abounds stamp set and the some of the dies from the Flower of Home dies. Yes, I got excited. What can I say… I created a video tutorial that you can access here and a Free downloadable PDF tutorial with the instructions.
If you would like a catalog, please let me know. I will gladly send you one for free. Just sent me an email with your name and address.
This card can be made in a simpler way… and a Maria way LOL. I am going to include the measurements of the simple way here. (Watch the video for a clearer explanation) When I was designing this card, I decided to step it up a little and instead of having straight edges at the top, I chose to use a die to create some fun edges. That means that measurements are not really going to be exact… You can put the die an 1/8″ lower or higher and that will throw off the other measurements. If you don’t use dies at the top you will get the same measurements all the time.
You will need:
- 1 piece of Sahara Sand cardstock measuring 6″ x 12″, scored at 4″ and 8″
- Distressed Gold paper:
- 2 pieces measuring 3-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 5-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- 2 pieces measuring 2-7/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Designer series Paper, Texture Chic
- 2 pieces measuring 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- 2 pieces measuring 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- 2 pieces measuring 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Other supplies you will need, (Keep in mind that you can alter this to use what you already have :))
- Versamark ink
- Embossing powder in gold
- heat tool
- Blender Pen
- Embossing machine
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stampin’ seal +
- Bone Folder
- Take your pick
I have to say, I love the color combination and the golds, such a soft card and a gorgeous gift to anyone!