I have a friend that loves everything vintage and shabby chic and she was the one that introduced me a while ago to mini- albums. And, believe it or not, I have not made one!! I figured the easiest way to get my feet wet, is starting by making cards that will help build the skill and courage to venture into a mini-album. So here are our first cards… four fold card. It is really simple and I created a mistake proof way to make it! Don’t miss my video tutorial! As always, a FREE PDF tutorial is available for you with all the measurement and products used.
I am using brand new products for some of these cards! I am loving every single item of our new catalog. If you want a complementary catalog, please send me an email and I will gladly send one your way. Tea Boutique Suite, which includes all our new 2022-2024 In-Colors, is just a joy to create with!
This is one of those cards that you can make in any size and really, as long as you follow the instructions, you are set! For this blog I made a 6″ x 6″ card. The tutorial will include the measurements for the 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
You will need:
- For the card base
- Sweet Sorbet cardsctock
- 1 piece measuring 6″ x 6″
- 1 piece measuring 6-1/2″ x 6-1/2I”
- In Petal Pink cardstock
- 1 piece measuring 3-5/8″ x 3-1/8
- 1 piece measuring 3-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
- 1 piece measuring 2-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- 1 piece measuring 2-1/8″ x 5-5/8″
- Sweet Sorbet cardsctock
- For the front flaps, you will need Designer Series Paper, this card is made using the new Tea Boutique.
- 1 piece measuring 3-1/2″ x 3″
- 1 piece measuring 2″ x 2-1/2″
- 1 piece measuring 2″ x 3″
- Basic White Cardstock
- 1 piece measuring 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- For the inside of the card:
- In Petal Pink cardstock, 1 piece measuring 5-7/8″ x 5-7/8″
- In Basic White, 1 piece measuring 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″
- For the flaps:
- 1 piece measuring 3-1/2″ x 3″, in designer series paper
- 1 piece measuring 2″ x 2-1/2″, in designer series paper
- 1 piece measuring 2″ x 3″, in designer series paper
- 1 piece measuring 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″, in designer series paper
- For the belly band:
- 1 piece of Sweet Sorbet Cardstock measuring 12″ x 1-3/4″, scored at 3-1/2″ and 6-3/4″. It will not close… but I used a decoration in the front that helped with it. You can also use, ribbon, but it will need to be a wide ribbon.
You are also going to need:
- Cup of tea stamp set
- Teacup Dies
- Layering Circles
- Fern Embossing Folder, the one I used, is retired, but this is a good replacement.
- Embossing machine
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stampin’ seal +
- Bone Folder
Another card, using the In the Moment Stamp set and the gorgeous Symbols of Fortune designer series paper.