So, what did you think of the center step card? I have to say that I fell involve with the concept. Step cards are not overly complicated to make and the options are wide. So this week we are going to make a side step card. I had given a quick peek in last weeks video, which you can find here, in case you missed it.
This card is made using the Symbols of Fortune gorgeous specialty designer series paper. If you are like me and can’t buy it all…then make the most of what you already have. I combined the paper with the Eden’s garden stamp and die set, which you can buy as a bundle and save 10%. I made a video tutorial that you can access below, as well as a PDF tutorial with a template.
For this card, you will need:
- For the base: cardstock in Evening Ever Green that measures 7 1/2″ x 11″
- 1 piece of designer series paper measuring 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- 1 piece of Calypso Coral measuring 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8
- 1 piece of basic white 5″ x 3 3/4″
- For the first step: 2 pieces of designer series paper measuring 7/8″ x 3 1/8″
- For the second step: 1 piece cardstock in Calypso coral measuring 1 5/8″ x 3 1/8″ and 2 pieces of designer series paper measuring 1 1/2″ x 3. One for the front and one for the back of the step
- For the third step, 1 piece of Calypso coral measuring 2 5/8′ x 3 1/8″ and a piece of basic white measuring 2 1/2″ x 3
- For a complete different look, you can make longer panels for the steps . 🙂
- I fuzzy cut several of the big flowers from the Symbols of Fortune and used some scraps from evening evergreen, soft succulent and blushing bride cardstock to die cit some leaves from the Eden’s garden dies.
- 1 piece of Soft Succulent measuring 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- 1 piece of designer series paper measuring 5 1/4″ x 4″
- 1 piece of basic white 4 7/8″ x 3 3/4″. I used the Contour Scalloped dies, because I can’t help myself, I just love them!
- Smaller panel: 1 piece of designer series paper, measuring 2 5/8′ x 3 1/8″ and a piece of Soft Succulent 2 1/2″ x 3″
You will also need:
- Embossing machine
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stampin’ seal +
- Bone Folder
Other fun options for these card to inspire you