Another week, another cards! And what a card. Step cards are very versatile and super easy to use for different occasions. The versions I made are quite feminine, but as I was making them, I kept thinking of the possibilities. How about using the Peekaboo farm animals (see previous post), or the Majestic Mountains. I created a video tutorial that I think will make it easier for you to recreate the card. I have also created a template that will be available in the PDF tutorial that you will find below.
Isn’t this stunning? I am using the Abstract Beauty designer series paper, which has some of the combinations, I love the most: pinks and blues, pink and golds and I can keep going. Do check them out. They will be a great addition to your paper collection.
I am also using the Artistically Inked stamp and die set. Remember, if you buy the bundle, you save 10%., and who doesn’t like to save?
Although, this seems like a complicated cars, it really is not, especially when you use Stampin’Up trimmer. This trimmer is created with the user in mind, and who knows better what the user needs, than those who also love creating?
I decided to decorate the back, instead of creating an “inside” of the card… to be honest it was kind of an accident. When I was finished with the front, I realized that the back really looked unfinished. So, I decided to include another center panel on the back and, I couldn’t open the card, LOL LOL. Anyway, I think the back looks gorgeous and I kinda feel in love with the idea. What do you think?
For this card, you will need:
- For the base: cardstock in Night of Navy that measure 7″ x 10″
- Gold foil:
- 2 pieces measuring 2 1/8″ x 4 7/8″, for the side panels
- 2 piece measuring 7/8″ x 2 3/8, for the initial “step” and the back of the step
- 2 pieces measuring 2 1/4″ x 2 3/8″, for the second step
- 1 piece measuring 4 7/8″ x 2 3/8″, for the third step.
- For a complete different look, you can leave the steps with their regular height, instead of making longer panels, like I did. 🙂
- 2 pieces of designer series paper, measuring 2″ x 4 3/4″. Abstract Beauty is the stunning paper I used for this card.
- 1 piece of designer series paper, measuring 2 1/4″ x 3/4″
- White cardstock:
- 1 piece measuring 2 1/4″ x 2 1/8″
- 1 piece measuring 2 1/4 x 4 3/4″
- Gold foil:
You will also need:
- Artistically Inked Bundle
- Expressions in Ink, Ephemera Pack, retiring soon
- Embossing machine
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stampin’ seal +
- Bone Folder
Want to see other cards with the same technique? I love this card! The color palette is so soft and inviting. I used the Expressions in Ink paper and the Artistically Inked Bundle. The paper is retiring and is such a shame because it is gorgeous. So snatched it before it’s gone.