Sometimes, I feel that because I am new to the “business” of making cards, I am behind all trends. Which means that when I find a card type or a technique I love, it was in vogues a couple of years ago! Of course, that doesn’t deter me from making the cads I like, in the end I love crafting and it is what makes most sense, in a world that seems to be lacking some sense… I digress…
This double slider card is so cute. Super simple to make, but it definitely has a WOW, when you play with it. I made video tutorial, which you can find here.
Oh my God! Isn’t this adorable? Wait, wait it opens up…
What will you need to make this card, you ask?
- 3 pieces of cardstock measuring 4-1/4 tall x 4-1/2 wide, this is important if you want the card to fit in an A2 envelope. Otherwise, you can play with the measurements….if you are good at math. I stick to the basic, because Math is not my strength. In my case, I used 2 is Smoky Slate and one in Coastal Cabana
- 1 piece in designer series paper measuring 4-1/8 x 4-3/8. I used the Patterned Party paper, which is a gift you can get free as a host.
- I piece of thick white cardstock measuring 3-7/8 x 4-1/8
- 2 pieces of cardstock measuring 3 x 4-1/2 wide I used Coastal Cabana
- 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper measuring 2-7/8 x 4-3/8, using the Patterned Party
- 2 pieces of heavy white cardstock measuring 2-3/4 x 4-1/4
- and a piece of a plastic bag, yes… measuring 2-1/2 x 8. You may need to cut it, but I think that measurement will do.
You will also need:
- Blending markers:
- Pool Party stamp pad ink for the sky
- Paper Trimmer—— https://bit.ly/3hOntCx
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue—— https://bit.ly/3hSVYaV
- Stampin’ Dimensionals —— https://bit.ly/35S6Kvv
- Bone Folder—— https://bit.ly/34ry9Ek
- Take Your Pick—— https://bit.ly/3wg5xJN
- Blending brushes —— https://bit.ly/3KmMIZ1
For directions, please watch the video tutorial. I think it will make more sense than me trying to explain it.
Here is another card I made, using Nothing better than stamp set. This stamp set I believe is not retiring. so make the most out of it!