Sometimes, I feel that because I am new to the “business” of making cards, I am behind all trends. Which means that when I find a card type or a technique I love, it was in vogues a couple of years ago! Of course, that doesn’t deter me from making the cads I like, in the end I love crafting and it is what makes most sense, in a world that seems to be lacking some sense… I digress…
This double slider card is so cute. Super simple to make, but it definitely has a WOW, when you play with it. I made video tutorial, which you can find here.
Oh my God! Isn’t this adorable? Wait, wait it opens up…
I used the Peekaboo Farm stamp set along with the Happy hedgehogs and Create with Friends (unavailable, right now and also on the retiring list).
What will you need to make this card, you ask?
- 3 pieces of cardstock measuring 4-1/4 tall x 4-1/2 wide, this is important if you want the card to fit in an A2 envelope. Otherwise, you can play with the measurements….if you are good at math. I stick to the basic, because Math is not my strength. In my case, I used 2 is Smoky Slate and one in Coastal Cabana
- 1 piece in designer series paper measuring 4-1/8 x 4-3/8. I used the Patterned Party paper, which is a gift you can get free as a host.
- I piece of thick white cardstock measuring 3-7/8 x 4-1/8
- 2 pieces of cardstock measuring 3 x 4-1/2 wide I used Coastal Cabana
- 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper measuring 2-7/8 x 4-3/8, using the Patterned Party
- 2 pieces of heavy white cardstock measuring 2-3/4 x 4-1/4
- and a piece of a plastic bag, yes… measuring 2-1/2 x 8. You may need to cut it, but I think that measurement will do.
You will also need:
- Blending markers:
- For the wall: Smoky Slate, Colorlifter and a hint of Mossy Meadow.
- For the horse and cow, Deep Combo pack and Ivory.
- For the pig: Light Combo Pack.
- For the Llama and sheep light shade of the smoky slate and the colorlifter
- For the flowers on the trees flirty flamingo and Poppy parade.
- Pool Party stamp pad ink for the sky
- Paper Trimmer—— https://bit.ly/3hOntCx
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue—— https://bit.ly/3hSVYaV
- Stampin’ Dimensionals —— https://bit.ly/35S6Kvv
- Bone Folder—— https://bit.ly/34ry9Ek
- Take Your Pick—— https://bit.ly/3wg5xJN
- Blending brushes —— https://bit.ly/3KmMIZ1
For directions, please watch the video tutorial. I think it will make more sense than me trying to explain it.
Here is another card I made, using Nothing better than stamp set. This stamp set I believe is not retiring. so make the most out of it!